To: State and Federal Government, National Rugby League
Save our Fortress Brookvale Oval
To allocate funds toward Brookvale Oval so it can receive a much needed upgrade. The upgrade needs to include fixing the grounds draining issue of the playing surface, major upgrades to facilities (toilets and food outlets) and increasing to ground capacity, for example, keeping the famous Eastern Hill, but also building a grandstand behind it. With building this new grandstand comes better opportunities for the ground:
- Increased capacity to 25,000+
- Ability to create more food and toilet facilities under the new stand and to support the patrons on the hill instead of them having to walk half way around the ground to get a drink or go to the toilet.
- The Jane Try Stand (current main stand) to become a "Members only stand".
- Increased undercover seating to around 10,000 seats.
- With the increased undercover seating, crowd attendances will hopefully grow, attracting people who like sitting in seated grounds, but also keeping the hill the traditional supporters.
If a grant is given, Hopefully Brookvale Oval will be improved substantially, and will transformed into a ground that has maximum atmosphere and promotes that Brookvale is the biggest fortress-style place that opposition teams always fear travelling to.
Manly's Maroon & White Army - http://www.facebook.com/maroonandwhitearmy
Why is this important?
This is important, because it will secure a stable ground for the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles for future years. Without the upgrade, Brookvale will become ruined, and if Manly do have to eventually move in the coming years, the Rugby League Community may lose a lot of interest of those people on the Northern Beaches, which is a sizeable portion of rugby league supporters in Sydney.