What is this policy about?
This policy explains how we collect, use and disclose the personal information you provide to us when you use our website, communityrun.org
What information do you collect about me?
We collect the personal information that you have provided to us about yourself. This could include your name, email address, physical address and mobile and other phone numbers.
What do you do with my personal information?
We collect information about you so that we can:
- process your request to create and/or sign campaigns on our website (Your Campaigns) and identify you for the purpose of these campaigns ;
- send you information about Your Campaigns;
- send you information that we think may be of interest to you, including but not limited to:
- the features of our website, campaigning tips and campaign moments; and
- information about other campaigns and causes (including campaigns created by others on our website and/or campaigns by our related bodies corporate and/or trusted partners);
- maintain our relationship with you (for example, by responding to your questions); and
- create and maintain records for our internal accounting and administration purposes.
If you do not provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with these services.
Will you give my personal information to anyone else?
In our Terms of Service, we explain the circumstances under which your personal information is disclosed to third parties. We recommend that you read our Terms of Service carefully.
In particular, please be aware that if you sign a campaign on our website, your name, post code and other personal information you choose to post (such as your mobile phone number) will be available to the creator of the campaign, who may disclose your personal information to the individual(s) or organisation(s) being petitioned or otherwise publish, broadcast, communicate and display publicly your involvement in the campaign. Where appropriate and at our discretion, we may also disclose your email address to the creator of the campaign for the purpose of providing it to decision makers or presenting the petition to the individual or organisation being petitioned.
We share your personal information with the other users on our website so that you can connect with others who share the same values and care about the same causes.
We also share your personal information with third parties we engage to help us run aspects of our organisation efficiently. This includes volunteers, suppliers and service providers who assist us with managing our website and IT infrastructure. All third parties who have access to your personal information are bound by confidentiality agreements.
Will you use my information for any other purpose?
Occasionally, we may use your personal information for other purposes (and/or share your information with a third party) because we believe it is necessary to do so, in these circumstances:
- to protect the rights, property or personal safety of our users, employees, volunteers or any member of the public;
- to prevent or help detect fraud or serious credit infringements;
- to protect our interests (e.g. disclosing information to a court); or
- if the assets and operations of our business are being transferred to another party as a going concern.
How do I unsubscribe from receiving emails from you?
You can unsubscribe from receiving emails from us at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our emails.
How can I change or delete the information you keep about me?
if you would like us to update or delete the information we keep about you. We reserve the right to keep a copy of your personal information to comply with our recordkeeping obligations at law.
Is my information secure?
While we take reasonable steps to keep your personal information secure, we can't give you an absolute guarantee that your information is always secure as no data sent over the internet is 100% secure. We will not be responsible for any liability, loss or damage arising from unauthorised access to your information.