10 signatures reached
To: David Coleman MP
Banks wants a Clean Recovery now!
2020 has been a rough year for Australians. Deadly bushfires cloaked Sydney in hazardous smoke over Summer and now a global pandemic has left one in four Australians without reliable work.
But if we work together to get the recovery right, we have a bright future ahead.
Australia can be a clean energy superpower, proudly exporting energy from our wind, waves and sun. We can power our businesses and homes with solar, make our houses more affordable and energy efficient, and restore the natural landscapes we love.
A Clean Recovery can create tens of thousands of jobs, lower costs and nurture a safe climate for years to come. And the best news? We can start now.
We’re asking the Morrison Government to:
- Make Australia a clean energy superpower
- Repower businesses and households with solar
- Upgrade public buildings and homes to be more efficient
- Create jobs in landscape management and rehabilitation, in more services and improved community infrastructure to give people better health and a more fulfilling life on a healthy planet.
- Charge Australia’s electric vehicle future.
Why is this important?
The plan will make energy cleaner and cheaper, and create more jobs than dangerous fossil fuels.
To make it a reality, we need widespread support from key politicians and community members across the country.
Will you join the call for clean, affordable energy and climate-friendly jobs.
Click the link to read more about what a Clean Recovery could look like in Banks: http://www.getup.org.au/bankscleanrecovery